Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Saturday on the Water and Other Ramblings

First of all, I'm still alive. I suppose that's the most important of the things. I've been super duper busy as of late which has left little to no time for blogging. Truth be told I haven't felt like even turning on the computer at night. I know I've mentioned it numerous times before, but after being on the computer at work all day, I just don't feel like turning it on at night. I'm gonna have to get used to it though because my graduate school classes start on August 19 and I will have to force myself to log on at night. 

I'm also having problems with my laptop as in it's about to die on me. I have been getting the black screen of death and it's living on a wing and a prayer right now so I've ordered another laptop which completely sucks because I don't have the money to spend, especially since I'm paying for this first semester out of pocket. I got approved for a federal loan, but am not taking enough hours this fall to use the money so I can't start using the loan money until the spring semester when I plan to take six hours. So, that's probably more information than you wanted to know about my schooling and computering, but there it is nonetheless. So, if anyone wants to contribute to my computer/school fund, just let me know. I'll be happy to accept your contribution to my future.

In other news, our Bible school class had a trip to the lake this past Saturday and it was so much fun! One of the couples in our class (Ray and Nancy) has a lake house in Rogersville and we spent a day out on the water soaking in the sun and having fun. I rode over with Paul and Leah. We left Huntsville a little after 9:00 a.m. and got to Rogersville around 10:30 a.m. When we got there, one group was coming off the water and soon a few others and I were on the boat heading out. I did some tubing and only fell off once which surprised me. After falling off the first time, I was certain I'd go flying off again because Ray like to take sharp turns which causes the tube to swing out wide and over the waves, but I did alright and surprisingly was not all that sore the next day. Christy tried wake boarding but was never able to really get up - but, she never gave up and we were proud of her for her valiant efforts. One of the coolest things about this trip out on the water is that Ray and Nancy's two dogs came out on the boat with us. They were so relaxed and just enjoying themselves. When we came back in, the dogs rode on the tube with two of the guys. It was incredible. I don't think The Pip will ever be that disciplined. 

After almost two hours on the water, we went back to the house to have some lunch. Ray smoked a Boston butt and Nancy made coleslaw, creamed corn, fruit salad, beans, deviled eggs, and banana pudding. It was all delicious. Not long after eating, we headed out on the water again. A few others rode the tube, but mostly we just cruised around on the lake which was nice as I do enjoy a boat ride! I wore a swim shirt with UV protection and didn't get burned at all which was smart of me. I got some sun on my legs, but nothing overbearing or painful. That might be a first for me. 

We headed back to Huntsville around 3:30 and stopped at Isom's Orchard on the way home so I could pick up some peaches which were eaten within a couple of days. We also stopped at Ollie's Discount Store in Madison which has a hodge podge of items and was a rather interesting place to peruse. I walked in the door of my house around 6:00 p.m. and was exhausted from a fun/eventful day. We are planning on one more lake day later this summer and I am certainly looking forward to it.











2 comments:

Erika said...

Fun!!!! I've wondered if those UV shirts really work; I guess now I have my answer :)
Can't believe it's almost time for you to start school...the summer is flying by.

Candy said...

My kids always wear the uv shirts because they are so fair and burn easliy. Pat calls them "children of the corn" 😂