Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Food Trucks, Meetings, a Cookout and a Housewarming

I've had a busy week this week and haven't had a lot of time for blogging. So, I'll try to finish up the week with at least one, and maybe two posts before heading into the holiday weekend. 

The weekend kicked off with a visit to my grandmother's house. She is having a garage sale in the coming weeks and wanted all of the family to go through the sale items in case there was anything we wanted. I took two very old plates and an old candy dish that had been my great grandmothers as well as some crocheted pieces and two crocheted blankets. There were also two chairs that belonged to my cousin's other grandmother that I loved and have since committed to buy because I can't get them out of my head. They will probably go in my shed for a while because I have no where to put them, but I didn't want to regret letting them go so I've claimed them as my own. 

Last Friday was the second food truck rally of the food truck "season" and I ventured out with my friend Christy. She had never been before and so she wasn't sure exactly what the night would hold. As expected, there were thousands of people out and about. After I got a tea from Piper and Leaf, we decided to stand in line at the Food Fighters bus for some brisket nachos. Getting to the window to place our order didn't take too terribly long (maybe 20 minutes), but actually getting our food was a different story. I feel like we waited for an hour to get our order, but in all honesty, I didn't time it so I have no idea how long it actually took. Thankfully the company was great and the wait gave Christy and I time to catch up as we haven't seen each other in a few weeks. 

The food was worth the wait as the nachos were very yummy and satisfying. We found a spot on the steps leading up to the YMCA and sat there to eat. While we were eating and talking a very drunk or high guy came over and interrupted our conversation. We were polite and obliged him in conversation for a bit and were grateful when he finally decided to move on to something (or someone) else. When I got home, I watched the season finale of Grimm and y'all, it was so good. If you are not watching this show, then please catch up over the summer. I think it's available on Amazon Prime (not sure about Netflix) and it is definitely worth watching. I watched season one right before season two started and have been a huge fan ever since. 

Saturday morning I met a friend for breakfast and then went to the ALANA meeting for the spring quarter. ALANA is the Ladies Association of Agape of North Alabama and I serve as the liaison between the group and the Agape Board. The meeting this month was held at Chase Park which is where I formerly went to church. They have built a new auditorium and it was the first time I have gotten to see it and it is absolutely gorgeous. I should have taken a picture of it. I was seriously so impressed and actually very surprised that it was so nice. I also snooped around opening all the doors in the new annex to see what was behind each one and in the process set off the building alarm. In my defense, one of the doors that should have been locked was not. 

On Sunday after church, my class had a cookout and devotional time on Monte Sano mountain. It was the first time I had been there in a long while even though it's all of six miles from my house. We had a great afternoon together eating and fellowshipping and planning activities for this year. That evening, there was a housewarming party for my friend (and one of our children's ministers) Matt. He just bought his first house and is in need of everything and so a party was in order. Matt received a lot of bath towels and a few kitchen items and gift cards. The house is in South Huntsville and is very cute. 

As I was leaving, my friends Margaret Anne and Grayson invited me over to watch Game of Thrones and just as we were leaving a torrential downpour came and we got drenched. It did not, however, put a damper on our viewing party. I left when the show was over and immediately went to bed when I got home. It was an eventful and fun weekend! 

1 comment:

Erika said...

Fun weekend! Isn't the new auditorium nice? I love it.