Monday, March 16, 2015

Decorating and a Movie

Well, it was a super busy weekend for me and I feel like I need another day just to recover. It started at soon as I got off work Friday with a haircut at 5:00 p.m. Thankfully my salon is rather close to work so I didn't have to drive across town or anything. I love going to see m hair stylist as he often has a hilarious story to tell me and we have a big time during our visit. 

After my haircut was over, I went to the church building where I was meeting up with my friend Lauren to set up our table for the Ladies' Prayer Tea for Saturday morning. While I was waiting on her, she called and said she was going to be late because she still needed to run by Target to pick up a couple of things. Since I was just sitting in the parking lot at church (which is close to Target), I volunteered to run by there and just meet her back at the building. I went and picked up some flowers for our table and some Sharpies which were needed for Saturday. It worked out perfectly as we both got back to the church building about the same time. 

Our friend Margaret Ann met up with us as well and it took us about 30 minutes or so to set up our table. Our table was the thankfulness prayer station and we had broken pieces of china (don't worry, the plates, etc. were from thrift stores and already had cracks, etc.) on which the ladies wrote an answered prayer or something for which they are thankful. We laid out the broken pieces of china and Lauren had a chalkboard with our Bible verse on it and Margaret Anne arranged the flowers in the vase and when it was all said and done, it looked nice. It was a lot simpler than some of the other tables, but it still looked great. 

The three of us left the church building and went to Little Rosies to feast on Mexican food. It didn't seem as crowded as I have seen it on other Friday nights, but then it was difficult for us to find a table, so I guess it was rather crowded after all. We took our time eating and then went to the movie theater where we saw the 8:15 p.m. showing of Cinderella. Y'all, 8:15 p.m. is late for me so I wasn't sure if I would even make it through the whole film, but luckily, I did. 

There was a seven minute Frozen episode that aired before the movie came on and previews before that so it was 8:50 before the movie even started. The movie was absolutely wonderful. It followed the Disney animated movie more closely than an other adaptations I have seen. The scenery in the film was gorgeous and the casting was great as well. Lady Rose from Downton Abbey played Cinderella, Helena Bonham Carter was the crazy fairy godmother, the guy who played Rob Stark on  Game of Thrones was Prince Charming, Daisy the kitchen maid from Downton was one of the step sisters, and Cate Blanchett was fabulous as the wicked step mother. I never got bored and the time passed quickly and I loved it from beginning to end. It's great for girls of all ages and stages. There were even a few dads in attendance and I heard no moaning or groaning from any of them, 

When the movie was over, the three of us parted ways and I went home for the first time since I had left that morning. I'm sure Pip was glad I was home, although she had probably rather had some time to play rather than just go straight to bed. It was a fun night to kick off such a busy weekend. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

Do you have any pictures of your table??? I am nosy! :)

I'm glad to hear Cinderella was good; I heard it wasn't, but I'll trust you over them - ha! How could it be bad with Lady Rose and Daisy???!!!