Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm Sure This Post Will Captivate Your Attention...Or Not

It's January 2015 and I wish I could tell you I've done some really fun and exciting things this year, but unfortunately that would be a lie. It's just been a low-key kind of month as most Januarys are which is why there have been hardly any blog posts because it's rather difficult to write about a whole lot of nothing.

I'm writing this on the Monday night of the College Football Playoff National Championship game and you may find it hard to believe that I have not watched the first play of the game and it's half over. For me, I suppose the football season ended when Alabama lost and I have no vested interested in either of the teams playing tonight and so oddly enough, it hasn't peaked my interest. There must be something wrong with me.

I suppose since this is the first (and hopefully not last) post of the week, I can tell you about my weekend which wasn't too exciting. After work Friday afternoon I went to see a movie. I saw "Selma" and y'all, it was seriously one of the best movies I have seen in a long while and that's saying something because I have seen a lot of movies. The previews looked good and I expected the film to be as such, but it really blew me away and brought many a tear to my eyes. I cried the majority of the two hours and suspected I would which is the main reason I went to see this one solo. It brought up a lot of questions about this great state and that time in our history and I'm anxious to discuss these with some folks I know. Seriously, I cannot recommend this movie enough. The actor that plays Dr. King knocked it out of the park. If you are looking for a good movie, check this one out.

The majority of Saturday was spent out in Madison of all places. I am not sure if I have mentioned this on the blog or not but back in the fall, I was elected to the Board of Directors for Agape of North Alabama, a foster care and adoption agency. I'm so proud to be a part of this great work and honored that I was nominated and considered for the board. So, on Saturday, we had a board and staff "retreat" where we came together to discuss the year ahead among other things and we also enjoyed a delicious lunch together. Once that was complete, I came home and spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching TV and movies. I had free premium channels this past weekend so I was able to enjoy some free movies which was a nice bonus to the weekend.

Sunday was spent at church and that evening I enjoyed dinner with my cousins and my favorite Aunt Linda as we celebrated some birthdays. It was a great dinner and more than that I enjoyed spending some time with these people whom I love. I was supposed to go to a friend's house to watch Downton Abbey but the dinner ran long thanks to great conversation and so I went home instead and was able to watch it from the DVR. This season looks to be superb and I would expect nothing less.

So, that sums up my past few days and I'm quite sure you are probably bored to death at this juncture of your reading. Like I said, there really hasn't been a lot going on; but February is around the corner which means my birthday week and so my fingers are crossed that I'll have something more interesting to write about soon. Otherwise, it's going to be a long year!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I thought I was ready for the new year, but now I am just ready for January to be over!
I do think Downton Abbey is going to be a great season, and it's since it's the only thing I have to look forward to this month, I am very thankful for it :)