Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Friends, Family, Volunteering and Wrapping

After my adventures at the hospital on Friday morning and a trip to the movies on Friday afternoon, I spent Friday evening at my friend Leah's house. She cooked us a delicious dinner of salmon, and roasted sweet potatoes and a salad. The plan for the night was to wrap presents, but I was to lazy to haul all my stuff over to her house. So, I worked on homemade gift tags while Leah wrapped her presents and we watched one of my favorites, "Meet Me In Saint Louis." Before the movie was over, I started dozing off; so, i left Leah with the movie and took my very tired self home and straight to bed. I think the craziness of the day had caught up with me.

Saturday morning, I was up early and started on the laundry and the cleaning. Erika and I had signed up to volunteer for Plentiful Produce and had to be there at 11:00 a.m. Besides the two of us, there was the gal who runs the co-op and two other ladies. We got all the baskets sorted by 11:30 a.m. and since pick up is at noon, we had about 30 minutes to kill before folks started coming to get their baskets. So we made small talk and enjoyed the company.

All the baskets were picked up by 12:30 p.m. and we were done for the day. We also got a little extra something in our baskets for helping. I chose an extra head of cauliflower and an extra bag of spinach. I made cauliflower soup which was actually very good, I had never had it before and was pleased with how it turned out. I also got a fun surprise from Erika before we got started with our volunteering. She had ordered a best costume prize for our Downton party and it didn't arrive in time for our soiree. So, she brought it to me on Saturday and it was a Downton t-shirt which I love and can't wait to wear.

After we were finished with Plentiful Produce, I went to Publix to pick up a few things and then headed back home where I spent the rest of the day finishing up chores around the house and watched a lot of football. I also managed to wrap about half of my Christmas presents which was a big relief. For some reason, wrapping has been on my agenda/mind for weeks now and so I was glad to get at least some of that accomplished.

Sunday was a miserable rainy day, I'll make no qualms about it. After church, my cousin Alexandra had a bridal tea and so I stopped by there to drop off a gift and visit with friends and family. Before I left, it looked like she had gotten a lot of great gifts. I was pleased to see how many people came out on such a yucky day and was glad she got some nice things.

Sunday evening I had dinner at the home of my cousins Jan and Benny which was a nice way to end the weekend and get ready for the week ahead. As much as I enjoy the weekends, they never seem to be long enough, but I'm sure everyone feels that way.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm glad your soup was good!