Monday, October 13, 2014

Unfortunately, You Can't Sit on Them

Hello friends, or friend - I feel like Erika is the only one who reads my blog these days. Thanks, Erika! At any rate, I hope all five of you reading this had a really good weekend. I was busy all weekend long, yet I feel like I accomplished nothing. I guess that's how it goes some times. 

Friday night, my dad and I made it out to the MA game to watch yet another massacre of a Mustang opponent. The game actually started out quite well, and I thought it might be close, but MA pulled away and there wasn't much to it. We left a few minutes before the game ended and made a Krispy Kreme run for my mother. I believe that's going to be the last MA game for us until the playoffs where I imagine we will go every week, but then again, I could be wrong. Only time will tell I suppose. 

On Saturday morning, I was up before the sun washing clothes and cleaning the bathroom. So exciting, I know! I had an appointment to have my car aligned at 8:00 a.m. at the Goodyear downtown. Last month when I had taken my car in to Nissan, they told me I needed new tires and an alignment and I basically refused to believe them because I feel like dealerships are always out to get your money and so I made the appointment at Goodyear for an alignment and for a rotate and balance of my tires. 

Needless to say, I was not surprised when the guy came in to tell me that I did in fact need new tires in the front because the car had been out of alignment and had cut into the tires. He also said the back two tires were in the last third of their life and so, I made an adult decision to go ahead and get all new tires. Thankfully, Goodyear has financing and I was able to finance for six months with no interest. So, I've worked it into my budget for the next few months. Sadly, I was planning on buying a new couch around Christmas time and that will now have to wait until I get the tires and my recent vet bill and eye doctor bill paid off. Thanks goodness for interest free for six months on all of these items or else I would be in a world of hurt right now. I am getting a rebate on my tires and the rebate doubled since I used the Goodyear financing and so that money can also be applied to the payment of the tires which really helps out. Sadly, I cannot display these tires in my living room or ask my friends to have a seat on my new tires. Oh well, I suppose it gives me something to look forward to.

After my trip to Goodyear, I went to Publix for my weekly shopping trip where I discovered that they have a new coupon policy and now they will only allow you to use one $5 off $50 coupon instead of two. Previously, if your grocery bill was $100, you could use two of these coupons. The coupons are also for Star Market (Publix takes competitor coupons) and the cashier also told me that rumor had it that Star Market was going out of business. I knew the one in South Huntsville had announced a closing, but I have not heard about the one in Five Points and hope it is just a rumor because they have the best meat in town and I always buy my meat at Star Market. Have any of you in Huntsville heard this as well? 

When I was finished with the grocery shopping, I came home, unloaded the cold stuff and then took Pippa to the local pet store for a nail trim. I also returned an "indestructible" toy that she did, in fact, destruct. They replaced it with another one which she proceeded to destroy once we got home. I will not be taking this one back. Clearly, these toys are not meant for The Pip. 

I spent the rest of the day straightening up the house and cooking for my friends. Erika, Candy and Kendra came over for dinner on Saturday evening. We dubbed it, "Kendra's Last Hurrah in Huntsville". She recently got a job at Vanderbilt in Nashville and will be moving this coming weekend. We are sad to see her go, but super excited for her and this new opportunity. We will see her often though because her family is here and she will be back and we can always drive up to see her as Nashville is really not that far away. It was great to get together with the girls and send Kendra off properly. 



Sunday was church, followed by a rainy, lazy afternoon and then my cousin Tyler's birthday dinner cooked by his mother, Jan. The food was amazing, as always, and it was great to spend time with my family to close out yet another 2014 weekend. 

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ugh - sorry about the tires. What an expensive, but so necessary thing. :(
Does not surprise me one bit that Pippa destroyed an indestructible toy - haha!
Thanks for hosting us Saturday!

Margaret said...

well, just to let you know that at least two people read your blog. My daughter's dog also destroys indestructible toys and we are also due for new tires. Being an adult isn't always as much fun as we thought when we weren't one.