Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gatlinburg Girls Getaway - Part Two

Even after staying up late on Friday night, I was still an early riser on Saturday morning, up and about around 6:30 a.m. Jan woke up next and slowly but surely the other girls got up. After showering and getting ready for the day, we headed to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. We had to wait in line about 30 minutes or so before we were seated at a table.

A few of us split meals because there was so much food in each offering. Amber and I split an omelet meal. I had the omelet and she had the pancakes. I am not the biggest pancake fan and have to be in the mood for them in order to eat them. 

When we were done with breakfast, we headed out to Cade's Cove to take in all the nature and hopefully see some wildlife. Since we all wanted to be together, we managed to cram in one car. I drove and Jan sat up front with me. Katie, Amber and Christy sat in the back, and Leah rode in the "trunk" of the Rogue. I don't really think it's called the trunk on an SUV, so whatever you call the very back, that's where Leah rode - all day long. It made for some rather humorous adventures. 

We enjoyed the trip to Cade's Cove. It was a beautiful day and the weather was cool and crisp. We got out an walked around some and took some photos. Jan snapped a photo of all of us taking selfies and we all got a big laugh out of that. We didn't see any bears which is what Leah was hoping for the most, but we saw a few deer so we didn't go completely wildlife free. 

Once we were finished with our jaunt through Cade's Cove, we headed back down the mountain and into Pigeon Forge where we ate lunch at a great place that served sandwiches, salads, soups, and quiche. It was all delicious. From there we perused a few of the stores close by including a pottery store where I bought a pitcher that I didn't need but bought anyway. What can I say, it was pretty. 

Our next stop was the outlet stores where we spent the next few hours. I think all of us bought something. I picked up a few Christmas presents and an item or two for myself; so, it was a successful trip. We pretty much closed down the outlet stores before heading back to Gatlinburg for the night. The rest of the evening was spent talking, munching on snack food and watching a little college football. 

Sunday morning, we showered, packed up and headed to church where I ran into not one, but two couples I know from Huntsville. It's a small world after all, y'all! After church we went back to the condo, loaded up our bags and then went to lunch at The Chop House in Pigeon Forge. After lunch, we hit the road towards home and were back in Huntsville around 5:30 p.m.

It was a quick weekend getaway but I think we all enjoyed it and needed it. In fact, we are already planning out next trip. It's so nice to get away from home on occasion and it's even nicer when you get to enjoy a getaway with people you love. 











1 comment:

Erika said...

Poor Leah! What a trooper for taking the back seat!
glad you all had a good time!