Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Weekend Involved No Labor

Hope you all enjoyed the Labor Day Weekend. I don't know about you, but I was very grateful for the extra day. I'm sure I've said it before but it would be so great if we just had one three-day weekend a month. If I were to ever own a business, I think that's what we would do. Goodness knows we could all use an extra break every now and then. 

Friday after work, I had a little over an hour at home before I headed out again. I picked my brother up from work and we went to the football game at Madison Academy. It was an extremely boring game as MA was leading 28-0 at the half and it was at that point we left. My brother was not conversational in the least and I was bored and so we hit the road. We went back to my house where my granddad soon picked up my brother and took him back home. 

Saturday morning I was up bright and early for a haircut appointment. After my haircut, I took Pippa down to the dog wash so I could give her a bath and she could get her nails trimmed. Her nails seem to grow super fast and she had not had a bath in quite some time so she was overdue. The rest of the day I stayed in from the hot sun and watched football. I cannot believe it is already football season. It sure doesn't seem like it. 

Sunday was the usual church-going activities and Sunday evening I met up with some friends for dinner downtown. I had the Shrimp and Grits at Below the Radar and they were delightful. 

Monday I met up with my dad, aunt and cousins for some putt-putt at Southern Adventures. We got there when they opened and got started soon after and it was blazing hot outside. We managed to get all 18 holes played in a little over an hour and every one of us got a hole in one at some point on the course. My dad was the champion this year (we did the same thing last year), and I finished fifth. The only reason I didn't finish last was because my cousin Brittany had gone inside with her baby who was being eaten up by the mosquitoes. If she had kept on playing, I probably would have finished last which is probably where I finished in last year's tourney. Oh well, someone has to drag up the end of the line. 

After playing putt-putt, I took my sweaty and no-doubt stinky self to Publix to pick up a few groceries and then went home to cook a couple of things for a cookout at the home of my friends, Paul and Leah. I made a cake and a pasta salad which I then proceeded to drop all over the kitchen floor. Let me tell you something folks, Italian dressing is no fun to clean up off of hardwood floors. I made another pasta salad and this time didn't drop it. 

I went to the cookout around 4:00 p.m. and enjoyed visiting with everyone. I got back home around 7:30 p.m. and watched the last college football game of the weekend between Louisville and Miami before turning in for the night to get ready for another work week. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

I loved the long weekend but yesterday was worse than a Monday! Glad you had a good weekend!