Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sunday Service Day and a Softball Win

This past Sunday was our church's second all-church service day. Once again, our class headed out to New Hope to help the people at the New Hope church of Christ. The church there is a very small congregation and we are happy to help them make an impact on the community they live in.

After church service, we all met up for lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then headed out to the church. Our service this time was an Easter egg hunt for the children of the community. It took us an hour or so to get set up and soon after the children started coming. Unfortunately, there was at least one, maybe two other egg hunts going on at the same time in the community; so, we didn't have as large of a turnout as we would have liked. Still, we had about 30 or so kids and hopefully we all made a positive impact on them and their families.

The egg hunt ended at 3:00 p.m. and Jackie and I left soon after it was over. I dropped her off at her house and then headed home. I was rather tired and ended up napping for about an hour before watching the rest of The Masters.

Sunday evening, our softball team had a game, and we earned our first "W" of the season by a score of 15-9. It was so much fun and the hour flies by. I didn't make any outstanding plays. In fact, I struck out and walked, but I still had fun and that's what it's all about. I'm really looking forward to our next game on the 27th.

When the game was over, I gave my friend Josh a ride home and then went home myself. After taking a hot relaxing bath, I managed to get in one show before calling it a night. It was another fun filled weekend day spent with great friends.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Congrats on the win!!!

Jackie said...

Mayfair Misfits ruled! Hope we can pull another one off:-)