Monday, April 7, 2014

A Night at the Circus

This past Friday was a night I have been looking forward to since February - our annual night out at the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus. My dad was kind enough to go down to the Civic Center the day the tickets went on sale and picked up four tickets for us and we basically split the expense. Circus tickets are getting expensive, y'all!

As it turns out, Justin was unable to go, so Erika was kind enough to tag along with the Parkers for a night of fun "under the big top". My parents were running late at dinner and so Erika and I went on ahead without them so we could participate in the pre-show fun that takes place on the floor of the arena. We had a big time trying on costumes, posing on the motorcycle and one of the "Circle of Death" riders and getting circus tattoos. At one point a man and his wife with their baby tried to cut line in front of me and Erika but I put him in his place and told him there was a line to pose with the motorcycle and that we were next. I guess it was rude, but hey, there's an order to these things.

The show started right on time and I really think it was one of the best circuses we have seen in a while. One of the first things was the Globe of Steel, or as I like to call it, the Circle of Death. I know I mention this every time I blog about the circus, but it is seriously one of my favorite things the circus does. I yelled and cheered for the guys (and gal) on the motorcycle and loved every minute of it.

Other acts throughout the evening were the big cats, the elephants, horses, dogs, and even a kangaroo. The clowns, as always, were very entertaining, and the trapeze was a crowd pleaser again this year. All of the acts in this years circus were absolutely fabulous. I honestly don't think there was moment I didn't enjoy. Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, it's truly the Greatest Show on Earth!












1 comment:

Erika said...

Thanks for taking me to the circus... SO MUCH FUN! It was so good this year; I think the acrobatics were my favorite part.